We are always working towards a more inclusive environment and we take the subject of accessibility for our guests very seriously. We are delighted to partner with Mobility Mojo, an award-winning company who specialise in providing clear information about accessibility in our properties.
Did you know, 15% of the world’s population (1 billion) have some form of disability? We wanted to incorporate an easy system whereby guests can simply browse our property websites to find the ‘standard of accessibly rating’. This eliminates the need for guests to sift through several pages of information, make phone calls or arrive at a property to discover that their needs are not met.
The accessibility rating, which ranges from bronze to platinum, is used by an expansive range of our guests, from parents travelling with infants in a stroller to someone on crutches or using a walking stick. Properties are not only audited for wheelchair accessibility, they are also rated in other areas including voice announcements in lifts, braille letters on buttons, subtitles on TVs and alarm cords in bedrooms for emergency assistance. The tool has helped our guests to enjoy a comfortable and safe stay, assured that the services they require are on hand.
Advantages of Mobility Mojo Include
- Guests can make an informed decision about their stay.
- Hotel’s accessibility features found all in one place in a straightforward, clear and concise format, including visuals.
- The ‘accessibility rating’ ranges from bronze to platinum – making the hotel accessibility easy to comprehend.
- Despite living in the most information rich time in history, we still face a world in which more than 500 million people choose not to travel – due to a lack of information on accessibility.
- The tool is revolutionising accessible travel for millions of people, giving them the confidence to go where they want to. It removes the fear and awkwardness around accessibility.