We’ve all been there, coming back to work after two weeks of lounging, exploring and cultural experiences, dreading to open an overflowing inbox.
While we have always been told never to mix business and pleasure, we’re all guilty of extending a conference trip into the weekend to make the most of a new city for a night or two. However, a new travel trend is now emerging from the pandemic – ‘workcations’ –travelling while also working and reaping the benefits from the best of both worlds.
After two years of working from home or hybrid working and following guidelines not to travel, many of us need a change of scenery. With travel now reopen, all you need is a laptop, and the world is your oyster!
With new opportunities to ‘work from anywhere’ as companies continue to offer remote work policies, you can experience the Wild Atlantic Way, the canals of Amsterdam or an activity-filled family getaway, all while balancing your workload while on the road.
- Working vacations could be the perfect excuse for your next getaway – need more convinving?
- Travel is proven to boost mental health and can make you happier – avoid the burnout from long working hours. A workcation is the perfect excuse to ensure you finish your work on time.
- A workcation can reduce stress and reset your body and mind from the daily grind.
- Workcations introduce us to new people, cultures and points of view, while fulfilling our day-to-day obligations.
- Taking time away from work can increase productivity, creativity and energy at work.
- For travellers on a budget, working holidays can be more feasible, whether abroad or a staycation.
- Workcations offer an opportunity to spend an extended period of time in a destination you want to explore without the limitations of staying within our annual holiday leave allowance.
- Workcations avoid an overflowing inbox upon returning to work. Enjoy some time away while not falling behind on work and deadlines.
- Whether travelling with a spouse or friends, all you need is a laptop!
While more and more workplaces offering employees the flexibility to take a workcation, it’s important to also stay focused and be available for calls and keep up with deadlines, while also recharging your batteries and establishing a better work-life balance.
Have you already booked your workcation? Why work from home when you could work by the beach?
Whether you are seeking a countryside retreat or an energetic city break, we have the ideal property for you.
Book on our official website where you will always get the very best deal!